Monday, November 26, 2007

Saturday in the Botanical Gardens






Saturday was a fun day. In the morning I worked again :( in my hotel room while some of the students went shopping on the beach. I heard that some of the students were to tired to do anything, what is wrong with kids now days? We met up at about 2:00 with Helaine and we decided to go to the botanical gardens over by the big lagoon in the south side of the city (see my pictures from Corcovado for an aerial view). We spent a couple of hours walking through the gardens. There was a free concert of Brazilian music in the Botanical Gardens at 5:00 which Helaine and the students listened to. I missed the concert because I took Vanessa back to the airport since she had to return to the U.S to work Monday morning. We met up at our hotel at 9:00. We then went to an arts and crafts flea market near the beach and bought some more souvenirs (I got some paintings). We ended the day on the beach after midnight watching the larger than normal waves crashing in.