Thursday, August 9, 2007

Kyrgyzstan - still working!






Oh well, I guess the fun stuff is all over. After traveling up and down the mountains in Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan, swimming in the lakes and rivers, meeting with wonderful people, it is now time to pay for my trip. Tuesday and Wednesday I spent working, fixing three laptop computers, adding software and checking Skype and Messenger so that I can keep in touch with my Kyrgyz colleagues. I made all sorts of reservations (with Mary's help back at Rutgers, thank you Mary!) for the visit of my Kyrgyz colleagues to the U.S. scheduled for the last week of August and the first week of September. I even went to collect more samples for our research project at the Chua Canal that runs through Bishkek (see photos of me in action again!).