Monday, March 31, 2008

Saturday Overview

Today I went to Point Reyes National Seashore (http://www.nps.gov/pore/). It was fun. I walked along the beach, watched people surf and fly kites, and looked at the wildflowers, seals, whales, birds, and deer. The only disappointment was no seashells! Only sand and a few small rocks on the seashore. I drove up to the park on Route 101 as suggested by the web site. Kinda boring as the road went through some small towns and urban and commercialized areas. I did get to see some typical northern California suburbs and weekend life (high school car wash in one town, a grade school rummage sale in another). Going back to San Francisco I took Route 1 along the shore. Much more interesting. The road winds along the coast, in and out through the woods. A much more scenic drive. Here are some photos of Point Reyes.